"Whimsical" Banner/Bunting

 This week I decided to give digital collections a try. I'm not new to them entirely--in the past I've purchased digital ephemera packs since I love having an endless supply of embellishments. This time around though, I purchased an entire collection. And it was totally worth it! 


The collection I purchased was "Whimsical" from Pink Paislee and Paige Evans. I decided on this collection after the overwhelming amount of florals won me over. I mean, so many flowers in so many colors made for super easy embellishing! Everything came together so easily and I'm so proud of the final project.


The one downside to working with digital collections is that you don't get to work with all the dimensional products that you'd find in store. Seeing as how I love adding such things to my projects, I had to pull some from my stash. I used some wood veneers pieces and bows from Pink Paislee and a lot of foam tape to make things pop. 


To create this fun banner I used my Cricut to cut two sizes (one larger, one smaller) of each shape. I then layered those up using foam tape--this gave the banners nice dimension and texture. I also machine stitched along each banner shape with some gold thread.


From there I embellished each banner, making sure to add a nice mixture of florals, embellishments, and sentiments to each. 


To finish off the project, I added a soft, blush pink pom-pom trim to the edges of each triangular banner. I also added some "handles" to each banner, embellished with some fun colorful eyelets for easy hanging. 


This project was so much fun to make and I can't wait to display it in my craft space!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you feel inspired to try out digital collections if you haven't before, or feel inspired to create a fun, decorative banner. See you next time! Take care and happy crafting!

Comments

Popular Posts