Layered Leaf Mini Album



Fall has always been my favorite season; the weather, the ever-changing colors of the leaves, and the whole atmosphere of this time of year fills me with joy! And now that the hot weather here in California is finally moving out, and the over-cast skies and rains are moving in, Fall is in the air! 

To mark the start of the season, my family and I took a day trip to our local Pumpkin Farm. It's always been a tradition in my family and despite all of us getting older, we still keep it going. So, of course, I had to document the day with an interactive album.


This album may look a bit complicated but creating the base is super simple! I used my Cricut and a symmetrical leaf cut-file. Of course, you can create templates and cut by hand if you do not have a machine. I began by cutting 6 different sizes of leaves from double-sided patterned paper. The collection I used is "Fall Market" from Carta Bella. I loved all of the warm fall colors and sentiments.

Once the leaves were cut, I snipped the stems off of all of them but the largest. I then stitched with gold thread along the edges of each one and folded them in half. The last step was to carefully stack them, line them up evenly, and sew down the center. 


Originally, this album was designed to be closed, but once I added my photos and embellishments, I realized that was no longer an option. This album got quite chunky, quite fast! Instead, I opted not to decorate the cover and leave the album as a lay flat one. This allowed me to decorate the inner pages even more. 


So happy to be starting this Fall season off with such a fun family trip and an equally fun album to document it all. Thanks for stopping by, I'll see you next time! Take care and happy crafting!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts