Matching Mini Album Set / Horizon by Pink Paislee


Before I began my paper crafting journey a few years ago, I used to store my photos in simple, sleeved albums. And although I still enjoy flipping through those memories, I now find myself drawn towards handmade albums that have a personal, creative touch to them. This matching set of mini albums was inspired by a set of my photo albums. 


These albums are quite small, measuring in at just 2 inches by 4 inches, with 1 inch spines. To wrap my chipboard I used the beautiful, bright "Horizon" collection from Pink Paislee. After wrapping my albums, I machine stitched along the outline of the entire album base to add texture.


Just because an album is small doesn't mean you have to keep the embellishing to a minimum. I went all out with all the bits from the Horizon collection, as well as adding a few from some other Pink Paislee collections (such as Turn the Page and Whimsical). 


Since these albums are small, I had to get a bit creative with the pages. Binder ring style wouldn't work due to the thin spine, and neither would a hinge style. Instead, I opted for an accordion, pull and fold out style of pages. To keep the pages nice and neat, I added some twine behind them that can wrap around and be tied.


To decorate the outside of the spines I added some small wooden embellishments and some handmade beaded tassels. I also added some circle charms from the Horizon collection for that extra added character.


To store the albums I created a small carrier that was inspired by the storage holder I used for my photo albums. This keeps the albums closed and tucked away. To decorate the carrier I added some stickers from the collection and a wood veneer embellishment. 


These albums, although small in size, can hold upwards of 20 photos all together! Absolutely love how they turned out! 

Thanks for visiting the blog today! I'll see you next time! Take care and happy crafting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts