Chipboard Mini Album

Recently, I've found myself drawn towards mini albums that, are, well, mini. Extra mini, in fact. Something about the tiny size makes the albums more cute and fun in my opinion. And although figuring out the initial design for them can be a challenge, the process is worth it in the end.


This album measures just 2 inches in height, 3.5 inches in length, and 1.5 inches in width. This album is made with 2 sizes of chipboard--2x3.5in (A) and 2x1.5in (B). The layout to wrap this album is A, B, A, B, B. To put this together, I used medium weight chipboard that I cut down to size. I wrapped the chipboard with a beautiful green floral paper from the "Whimsical" collection by Paige Evans. I then lined the inside with an ombre pink paper from the same collection. I also added some machine stitching along the front of the album with gold thread. 


This album holds 4 pocket pages that are held in place with hinge binding. The hinges measure 1/4 of an inch, while the pages measure 1 3/4 inches by 3 1/4 inch. To turn the pages into pockets I adhered the two sides and bottom closed. I used a 5/8 inch circle punch to create tabs on top of each pocket page. 



To each pocket I added a stitched piece of ephemera to use as journaling spots. I decorated each page with bits and pieces from the "Whimsical" collection, using foam tape on some pieces to add dimension. The addition of some fun paper clips adds nice decoration and fun pops of color.


As a finishing touch, I added a punched hole to the spine that I reinforced with a teal, floral eyelet. I added a tassel, charm, and wood veneer to this using a jump ring. To keep the album closed I used craft magnets I found at Joann's.


Thank you for stopping by! Take care and happy crafting! See you next time!




Comments

Popular Posts