Tiny Exploding Box Mini Album

I was first introduced to the "exploding box" mechanism through happy mail. Creating a box that folds out when the lid is taken off in a fun and interactive way, was a great way to send some love and happiness to a friend. Recently I decided to create a similar project--but, in an itty bitty format! This tiny album took just under an hour to create from start to finish, so it's a great project to craft when time is limited.


This tiny exploding box measures 2x2x2in. I created it by taking a 6x6in piece of paper and scoring it at 2in and 4in on one side, then rotating the paper 90 degrees and scoring at those measurements again. I then cut out the squares in each corner and folded on the score lines. To create the inner pockets I took a 4x4in piece of paper and scored it 1in and 3in, the same way as the first paper. I then cut out the small squares in each corner and adhered it to the base, only adding adhesive to the bottom square and the edges of each rectangular flap. This created 4 pockets for photos to be tucked into. 


From there, I added a bunch of fun embellishments from the "It's All Good" collection by Dear Lizzy. To decorate the center of the album, I created some rolled paper flowers of different sizes and glued them into place. 

This album will be perfect for documenting these last days of summer! I'll see you guys next time, take care and happy crafting!

Comments

  1. You are my go-to for inspiration when papercrafting! I absolutely adore your creations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts