Polaroid Cut File Mini Album

Mini albums have, over the course of the past year, become one of my favorite forms of crafting. I've found that lately when I head into my craft room with inspiration flowing, I usually always leave it with a new mini album to add to my collection. 


To create this fun album I used the "Pick Me Up" collection from Pink Paislee and Paige Taylor Evans. This was my first time playing with this collection and I believe it's safe to say it might just be a favorite of mine now. The colors--especially all those yellows--have me in love. I used a binder ring style to hold this album together and I adore how chunky and fun it came out once all the pages were clipped on.


To create the pages for this album I used a cut file (that I cut with my brand new Cricut machine--I'm still learning but so far I love it) that I purchased from Paige Taylor Evan's esty shop. The cut file is in the shape of a floral polaroid frame which I thought would work perfect for a mini album base. This album can hold about 10 photos, give or take. Five of the photos can be tucked individually into each frame by placing them behind the floral cluster. 


I used a mirror image of the cut file's silhouette to back each of the frames. This added a bit of strength and security to the album. I decorated the back of each page, minus the last since it acts as the back of the album, and left spots for photos. To add a bit more flair I added some fun cut-aparts to the front of the album by clipping them into the ring. This adds a fun, interactive element to the album. I also added a fun tassel that includes some hand-painted beads and a fun butterfly charm. 


This album is definitely a favorite of mine and I cannot wait to add some photos to it! If you'd like to see more, check out this video for a flip through. I'll see you next, time! Until then, take care and happy crafting!

Comments

Popular Posts