Handmade Pocket Book for Fall/Autumn Memories


Hi friends! Fall is right around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited, seeing as how it’s my favorite time of year. To kick off the season, I’ve created a pocket style mini book using the We R Memory Keeper’s Slimline Punch Board. This project comes together in just a few hours, so let’s go ahead and dive into how to put it together!


To create the base of this mini book I used medium weight chipboard. The cover pieces measured 4.25 x 6 5/8 inches. The spine piece measured 2 x 6 5/8 inches. I wrapped and lined these pieces using patterned paper from the 12 x 12 Paper Pad from the Live & Let Grow collection from American Crafts. I then lined the inside with another sheet of patterned paper.


For the pages of this book, I decided to use envelopes. This is a great trick for documenting multiple events or occasions throughout a season; just designate one envelope per occasion! To create the envelopes, I used the Slimline Punch Board. I opted to use the smallest size envelope available with this tool. I made five envelopes for my book.


To bind the envelopes (or pages) to the base, I used binder rings. I used the We R Memory Keeper’s Crop-A-Dile to add punched holes and eyelets to the spine. I then added 1.25 inch binder rings through these holes and bound the envelopes to them.


Finally, the last step, was embellishing! I used a sheet of the same patterned paper that lined the inside of my book on the front cover. This ties the project, as a whole, together. I then added some paper flowers and leaves to the cover. I finished it off with a large title, “Autumn”, on the spine using Thickers.


I decorated the envelopes using bits and pieces from the 
Live & Let Grow collection and added a mix of tassels and charms to the spine for a bit of extra flair.


This pocket book was so fun to make! I can't wait to see it filled with all types of fun memories!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts