DIY Giftcard Folder | The Perfect Stocking Stuffer

 

Hi crafty friends! I love making handmade, personalized gifts and Christmas time is the perfect season for just that!

This fun, DIY Giftcard Folder makes for the perfect stocking stuffer.

You can find a video tutorial for this project here.

To create the base of this project, I took a sheet of paper that measured 4 x 11 inches and scored it along the 11-inch side at 3, 4.25, 7.25 and 8.5 inches.

To create the hinge binding, I took a sheet of paper that measured 4 x 4 inches and scored it at the following measurements: .25, .75, 1.25, 1.75, 2, 2.5, 2.75, 3.25 and 3.75 inches. I then accordion folded this template to create 3 peaks that I could attach my pockets to.

For the pockets, I used two sheets of paper: one measured 2.75 x 4 inches and the other 1.75 x 4 inches. For added character, I used a large circle punch on the smaller sheet to create a peek-a-boo pocket.

To assemble this project, I first glued the binding to the bottom gusset using a strong adhesive. I then added the pockets by adhering the larger paper pieces to the back of each peak, and the smaller paper pieces to the front. Remember to add adhesive to the edges to seal the sides of the pocket closed!

As a closure, I used a craft magnet, but twine, ribbon or a simple clip would work just as well!

I used a bunch of fun bits from the ‘Busy Sidewalks’ collection to dress this project up and now it’s ready to be gifted!


This folder can hold up to three gift cards and features a spot for a note, as well as a to-and-from tag on the back! I can’t wait to make more and spread cheer this season!

Comments

Popular Posts