Mini Albums with Matching Tote Bags for Thanksgiving Party Favors

Hi crafty friends! I love the Fall season and everything that comes along with it. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays this time of year as it’s a great way to show gratitude towards my loved ones. And what better way to do that than with a handmade, personalized gift?

I created these mini albums with matching paper tote bags to hand out to my loved ones this holiday. They’re the sweetest gift that can be personalized to each individual guest.

I used the Jen Hadfield “PeacefulHeart” collection to create mine.



To create the bag, I took a piece of paper that measured 5.5 x 6 inches. On the 5.5 inch side, I scored at 1.25 inch on both ends. On the 6 inch side, I scored at 2 3/8 inch on both ends. I cut the squares in the middle into tabs and used those to adhere the “box” part of the bag together. To create the straps, I took two pieces of paper that measured ½ x 5 inches and adhered them to the front and back of the bag.


To create the mini album for this project, I used three pieces of chipboard, two of which measured 2.5 x 2.5 inches with the spine measuring 1 x 2.5 inches. I wrapped these using patterned paper and strong adhesive. For the pages, I took 2 x 2 inch cut-aparts and folded them in half in pairs of two. I bound these to the spine of the albums using elastic thread. To dress up this binding I used some
colored beads and some heart charms.


These albums, once embellished with paper flowers (that I created using this cut file from Paige Evans) and fun die-cuts, are the perfect home for photos of happy memories between you and your loved ones! Filled with 2 x 2 inch photos, they make for the perfect handmade gift this holiday season! I can’t wait to hand mine out to friends and family!



Thanks for stopping by the blog today! I'll see you next time with another fun project!

Comments

Popular Posts