Mini Album with Suitcase Storage


Do you have a crafty to-do list? This suitcase mini album combo has been on mine for awhile and it feels great to finally be able to check it off. Earlier this year, I designed a paper suitcase gift box (you can find the full YouTube tutorial here) and after making a few, I knew it would make such a fun, interactive storage box for a mini! 


Now, months later, I've finally sat down and brought that idea to life. To create this fun combo, I used the "My Bright Life" collection from Pebbles. I was lucky enough to find almost the entire collection at Tuesday Morning and I couldn't wait to create something vibrant and colorful with it. 


The mini album I created features a sturdy chipboard base (always my favorite) and accordion-style pages. The book itself measures 3 1/8 inch by 4 1/4 inch, with a 1 inch spine. The pages were created from a cut-apart page and measure 3 inches by 4 inches. 


To assemble the pages, I first stitched them in pairs, back to back, sewing only the two sides and bottom. Leaving the tops unstitched and open turns the pages into pockets. Once I had all of my pockets stitched, I then stitched them all together, side by side, in a row, using a zig-zag stitch. This allows the pages to fold to either side and creates the accordion effect. For journaling spots and photos, I added tags to each pocket. 


For the spine, I punched a hole and added an eyelet using my We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile. I then added a tassel, wood veneer charm, and chipboard sentiment. To decorate the spine further, I stitched the word "love" onto it.


For the suitcase, I created a small cluster with a rosette base for embellishing. Since the pattern I used for the suitcase itself was so busy, I wanted to keep the decoration simple and easy. 


It's no surprise that as of late and most likely from here on out, mini albums are a staple for me. And since I've created so many this last year, I now find myself looking for fun ways to store them or display them. And this suitcase album combo has won my heart!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today! I'll see you next time, take care and happy crafting!

Comments

Popular Posts