Mini Album Set with Carrier

Extra small mini albums appear to still have my heart since I can't stop making them! I find myself coming back to them every few projects and I always love how they turn out. This set of three square albums were created using the digital version of the "Oh My Heart" collection from Pink Paislee and Paige Evans. 


These albums measure just 2.5 inches in width and length, with a spine that measures 1.25 inches by 2.5 inches. Don't let that fool you, though! They have plenty of room for photos, as each album has 8 pages and 4 pockets. 




To create each album, I began by wrapping my chipboard. I laid them out on the paper in the following order: cover, spine, cover. I created these albums in assembly line order which made the process quick. Once the bases were ready, I created a quarter inch hinge-binding to hold all of the pages in place. I adhered that to the inside spine and then lined the rest of the inside with square sheets of paper. 



Next I added the pages. Each page is a pocket. I created these by taking paper that measured 4.5 inches by 2.25 and folding them in half. I adhered the pages together at the same time I adhered them to the hinges. I just added tape to the bottom and both sides, leaving the tops open. 


After the pages were in and decorated, I decided to add some cute tassel charms I created to the spines. I used my Crop-a-dile to punch small holes in the spines (being careful to punch in between the hinges) and used a large jump ring to hold the charm and tassel in place.


Since all three of these albums match and are a set, I thought a matching carrier to store them would be a cute idea. To create this carrier I took a piece of paper that measured 7 inches by 5.25 inches and scored it on all four sides at 1.25 inches. I then cut the squares in each corner into tabs and assembled the box. The next step was the strap. I used a piece of paper that measured .75 inch by 11.5 inches and secured it to both sides of the box using eyelets.


I LOVE how this album set turned out. It's one of my favorite projects to date and will make such a cute display in my craft room! 

Thanks for stopping by the blog today! Hope you feel inspired! I'll see you next time! Take care and happy crafting! 

Comments

Popular Posts